Thursday 12 September 2013

A day without cake

Yesterday was pretty cool.
And by cool, I mean that I am bragging about my success.
First of all, the munchkins at work had a morning tea. I like to support the munchkins, but I was pretty sure the food was going to be a vegan no go zone. But surprisingly I discovered that some of the munchkins already value vegan. Wow! And whilst I was judging the hell out of them, I was also really enjoying those chickpea and zucchini fritters.
Thanks munchkins. I won’t lie and say they wouldn’t have been better with some sour cream or tzatziki. But they weren’t cake – and there was a lot of cake.

Success!

This is me after I couldn’t have cake even though my belly was full of chickpea fritters:

And here is a recipe for delicious chickpea and zucchini fritters!

Ingredients

  • 1 cup chickpea flour
  • 1/2 tsp chili powder (red)
  • 2 tsps salt
  • 3/4 tsp ground cumin (roasted)
  • 1/4 tsp baking soda
  • 61/2 ozs water
  • zucchini (thinly sliced)
Toss everything together, batter the zucchini and deep fry it like tempura. Amazeballs.

No comments:

Post a Comment